Sunday, June 1, 2008

Meal Suggestions

I think it is a good idea for everyone to be in charge of their own Breakfasts. We all get up at different times of the morning. My kids won't wait until 8 for their bacon and others don't want to get up that early. Lunch is also up to individual families. Who knows where you will be and what you will be doing. Dinner on the other hand, we thought would be fun to eat together. Suggestions: We can all provide a little something, potluck style, each night. Or also be assigned to bring something. Or, option 2, be assigned a night and you provide the meal that night and you are only responsible for the one meal. You get to be fed the other nights!!


Turkey Sandwiches may get old after 9 days camping so I thought I would make some suggestions.
Sloppy Joes (brown your beef before you leave home)

Tacos


Chicken Salad (in a wrap or on a large crescent so you aren't having bread again)




Egg salad
Pita
We also like StirFry (frozen stirfry veggies and precooked rice--super fast)
Fajitas
Breaded chicken patty on a bun with Moz cheese

My family doesn't mind cooked, warm food in the summer. Food is food. But I would love to hear others suggestions. Things you eat on a hot summer day.

So let's hear it people. What do you want to do for dinner and what are some good lunch suggestions.

2 comments:

Team Sullivan said...

I think thats the best idea- to do breakfast and lunch with our own families and then dinner with EVERYONE.

Team Sullivan said...

Ashlee left that last comment-Sorry I'm logged in as Taniel cuz Bart just published his post.